summer 2010

summer 2010
Ready to head off Santa Cruz

Saturday, July 3, 2010

La Brea Tar Pits and beyond....









Margie is blogging tonight.....

Today we went to La Brea Tar Pits. It was really, really, really cool. I found out that there are so many fossils that I couldn't count (over 400 skulls on display from just the Dire wolf)! I wanted to go here to see the tar. I even saw someone cleaning a camel skull (I bet it is going to take her more than a year)! I wonder if it was found in Pit 91. In Pit 91, fossils are still being uncovered. In just one pit tons of millions of ground sloths were found (ground sloths are extinct now). There were vultures and condors too. There was one bear that was the heaviest bear ever. I really liked the guy outside that was singing a song about the Tar Pits to Old McDonald Had a Farm (I can make a mammoth sound). My favorite part was when we saw the ground sloth (and remember he was almost as big as a tree).


Additions from Katie (in the mornings I think that Margie is a reincarnated ground sloth)

No comments:

Post a Comment